STATEMENT OF GENERAL POLICY.
We are committed to achieving high standards of health and safety to minimize the risk and prevent injury, ill health, diseases, and incidents to those people directly or indirectly involved with our activities. To achieve this aim we will ensure the health and safety of these people by
- Complying with the terms of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and related legislation plus all applicable Network Rail (NR) and London Underground Ltd (LUL) disciplines. (on Rail Projects)
- Maintaining an effective OHSAS18001 health and safety management system which is reviewed periodically to ensure it remains relevant and appropriate to our needs.
- Continue the transition from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001:2018 standard.
- Ensuring that adequate resources are provided for health and safety matters.
- Ensuring we comply with current, relevant occupational health and safety legislation and their approved codes of practice.
- Ensuring that safe systems of work are provided.
- Engendering a culture of behavioural safety.
- Ensuring that the correct work equipment is provided and maintained.
- Ensuring that any accidents, incidents, or dangerous occurrences are fully investigated, determining route causes, and ensuring that any necessary corrective actions are implemented.
- Managing risks to health and safety through the process of risk assessment and risk control.
- Ensuring that the working environment is without risks to health and safety.
- Ensuring that staff has appropriate training.
- Recognising that our employees are a key resource and ensuring peoples’ responsibilities are clear while monitoring the mental health, well-being, and stress of all employees.
- Encouraging employee involvement in the key aspects of the development and implementation of the occupational health and safety policy.
- Ensuring that there is effective health and safety communications.
- Strive for continual improvement of our performance through the establishment of published occupational health and safety targets and objectives and auditing and reviewing these on a routine basis.
- Ensuring that Health & Safety is never compromised for other objectives.
This policy will be regularly reviewed (minimum annually).